- Preface to Second Edition vi
- Introduction 1
- The Nature of the Beast 5
- Amphibians and Reptiles of the Coastal Zone 25
- Amphibians and Reptiles in Lowland Forests 33
- Amphibians and Reptiles of Submontane and Montane Zones 79
- Man Creates Homes for Amphibians and Reptiles 95
- Conserving Sabah’s Amphibians and Reptiles 105
- References 112
- Acknowledgements 114
- Index 115
Amphibians & Reptiles in Sabah
The Natural History of Amphibians and Reptiles in Sabah is a review of the rich herpetofauna of Borneo, including some of its less conspicuous and sometimes reviled members. Many of the species are unique to Borneo, most are active only at night, and most are completely dependent on forests for survival. This book on the frogs, lizards, snakes, turtles, and crocodiles bring together photographs demonstrating that many of these animals are beautiful in colour and fascinating in form. Written for naturalists, students and travellers, the text provides information showing that not only is fear of the vast majority of the species misplaced but also how these animals fit into the complex workings of Borneo’s ecosystems.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.